View Single Post
SterileEyes
12-11-2007, 01:22 AM

The good:

I was lucky enough to get into this thing at a reasonable price.

Nokia = best venue ever. The sound for Queens and Tool was stellar both times I've been there.

Everything they played, as usual, was 100% top notch and fantastic. Rosetta, Jambi, and Lateralus were the highlights for me.

The bad:

Tool, jesus, change your fucking setlist already. You've played Southern California 5 times in the past year and a half and have changed out...2 songs the entire time. I don't care that you rely on the lights and have to program everything...let the lights serve you, don't serve the lights, or at least program more than 12songs to last you two years worth of touring. Would it kill you to maybe play "The Grudge" instead of "Schism" or "Eulogy" instead of "46 & 2" once in a while? I know Schism and 46 & 2 rock like nobody's business...but uh, all Tool songs kill in a live setting...

I've seen Queens of the Stone Age that many times and probably got 15 different set changes.

You're one of the best bands in the world. You can try a little harder than playing 95% the same show 200 times in a row. Even the "extended" songs are "extended" the exact same way every time. I know it's cool for the 6,990 out of 7,000 people there who are casual fans and only see you once or twice ever but how do you not get bored playing the same thing every night and being that talented?

That said, I knew what I was getting into when I got the ticket and I'm still grateful for every chance I still get to see them. You never know when it might be the last...

CLICK THAT LINK TO HEAR MY COVER OF "THE GRUDGE"!

Last edited by SterileEyes; 12-11-2007 at 01:44 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 01:22 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

The good:

I was lucky enough to get into this thing at a reasonable price.

Nokia = best venue ever. The sound for Queens and Tool was stellar both times I've been there.

Everything they played, as usual, was 100% top notch and fantastic. Rosetta, Jambi, and Lateralus were the highlights for me.

The bad:

Tool, jesus, change your fucking setlist already. You've played Southern California 5 times in the past year and a half and have changed out...2 songs the entire time. I don't care that you rely on the lights and have to program everything...let the lights serve you, don't serve the lights, or at least program more than 12songs to last you two years worth of touring. Would it kill you to maybe play "The Grudge" instead of "Schism" or "Eulogy" instead of "46 & 2" once in a while? I know Schism and 46 & 2 rock like nobody's business...but uh, all Tool songs kill in a live setting...

I've seen Queens of the Stone Age that many times and probably got 15 different set changes.

You're one of the best bands in the world. You can try a little harder than playing 95% the same show 200 times in a row. Even the "extended" songs are "extended" the exact same way every time. I know it's cool for the 6,990 out of 7,000 people there who are casual fans and only see you once or twice ever but how do you not get bored playing the same thing every night and being that talented?

That said, I knew what I was getting into when I got the ticket and I'm still grateful for every chance I still get to see them. You never know when it might be the last...

CLICK THAT LINK TO HEAR MY COVER OF "THE GRUDGE"!

Last edited by SterileEyes; 12-11-2007 at 01:44 AM..
OFFLINE |