View Single Post
exo_wolfen's Avatar exo_wolfen
06-14-2007, 06:18 AM

This concert was amazingly good, despite my poor positioning (section 209, if you were there you know that means top floor).
the concert started out with Jambi (one of my personal favorites from 10K days) and just went uphill from there. Stinkfist was full of energy and the crowd joined in loud enough so that it was more of a group experience. (ILL.... KEEP.... DIGGING....)
then onto 46 & 2 which was another well-met classic. and when Schism started after that i thought the crowd was going to explode lol.
i have nothing bad to say about lost keys/roseta stoned, i was just too into the concert by then to get a grip on what exactly was going on. then came FLOOD, which i was surprised to hear, what a great song. especially live!.
Wings For Marie was probably the most visually appealing, especially when at intervals the lasers would kind of meld and you could see the smoke (which looked like the clouds that were on the screens/stage) inside the beams. it was neat-o.
like Maynard says, it takes a lot of discipline to perform such intense and emotionally charged songs and he thanked us for ... i guess being a good crowd and not taking any flash photography.

Lateralus was great, and Melt Banana even came on to play with them. It was great, especially since the drum solo drum off part extended it by at least 5 minutes, although they couldve done a better job mic'ing the drummer from Melt Banana, Danny knocked our socks off.

the only thing semi-bad that happened was that Adam's rig lost power for a bit, but i didnt really notice and the pause almost seemed like part of the visuals because the lights and the technicians were in lab coats.

overall probably one of the best concerts ive ever been to.

(p.s.: my avatar is one of the only pictures i got with my phone, it was during 10k days. dont worry, i didnt use the flash)

Last edited by exo_wolfen; 06-14-2007 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: new information (kinda)
Old 06-14-2007, 06:18 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/13 - Winston-Salem, NC - Joel Lawrence Coliseum

This concert was amazingly good, despite my poor positioning (section 209, if you were there you know that means top floor).
the concert started out with Jambi (one of my personal favorites from 10K days) and just went uphill from there. Stinkfist was full of energy and the crowd joined in loud enough so that it was more of a group experience. (ILL.... KEEP.... DIGGING....)
then onto 46 & 2 which was another well-met classic. and when Schism started after that i thought the crowd was going to explode lol.
i have nothing bad to say about lost keys/roseta stoned, i was just too into the concert by then to get a grip on what exactly was going on. then came FLOOD, which i was surprised to hear, what a great song. especially live!.
Wings For Marie was probably the most visually appealing, especially when at intervals the lasers would kind of meld and you could see the smoke (which looked like the clouds that were on the screens/stage) inside the beams. it was neat-o.
like Maynard says, it takes a lot of discipline to perform such intense and emotionally charged songs and he thanked us for ... i guess being a good crowd and not taking any flash photography.

Lateralus was great, and Melt Banana even came on to play with them. It was great, especially since the drum solo drum off part extended it by at least 5 minutes, although they couldve done a better job mic'ing the drummer from Melt Banana, Danny knocked our socks off.

the only thing semi-bad that happened was that Adam's rig lost power for a bit, but i didnt really notice and the pause almost seemed like part of the visuals because the lights and the technicians were in lab coats.

overall probably one of the best concerts ive ever been to.

(p.s.: my avatar is one of the only pictures i got with my phone, it was during 10k days. dont worry, i didnt use the flash)

Last edited by exo_wolfen; 06-14-2007 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: new information (kinda)
OFFLINE |