View Single Post
Esurient4Truth's Avatar Esurient4Truth
06-14-2007, 05:39 AM

This concert was awesome. 'nough said.

I sat in the truck with Jason and friends with a few wireless laptops from about 6:50 to 7:45 (attempt to get their early to beat traffic, but it was packed), after which, we got in, chilled out, and waited for tool to start.

JAMBI - I was pleasantly surprised to see this as the first song (I was expecting Stinkfist) - the crowd went nuts and Maynard came onto the seen with the power and emotion of a hurricane - it was awesome.

STINKFIST - once again - a great follow up to Jambi. I seemed as if Maynard really got into a grove with this song, and everything just flowed wonderfully.

46&2

SCHISM - This was a definite highlight of my night. After hearing quite a few concerts via the internet, I have to say, nothing beats this song live. The guitar work is always amazing.

Lost/ROSETTA - Hmm... Maynard kind of went out of sync during the "spoken verses," but it's a hard track to play live, so I can't blame him. You can't truly appreciate the guitar and bass work until you hear this song live. It's awesome.

**FLOOD*** - so glad they brought this song back. The crowd of course went nuts, and Maynard pushed everything he could into this song.

WINGS - Personally, I love Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days, and hearing it live was spectacular. It got emotional, but it was 16 minutes of lights, music, and awe.

LATERALUS - I would have loved to hear something DRT before hand, but Lateralus is still an awesome track. It was cool how the lasers became more aggressive as the song progressed - I've never seen anything like their light shows before, so I had a gaping jaw the whole time. Jesus it was a good light show.

VICARIOUS - I expected Aenima, but Vicarious gave something aggressive for everyone to go home to.

There was a man to my back left who I thought made an attempt to record the concert with a small recorder, but I couldn't see. Too much was going on to even make it worth taking my eyes off of the concert. Maynard had some good quips. I appreciate it when the band talks to the crowd.

Otherwise, a good 1st Tool concert. My head hurts a little bit, but that's probably from a lack of sleep more-so than the music playing loud.

Being near the front, and a tad to the right, I had great views of Maynard and Danny.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:39 AM   #17
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282
Re: 2007/06/13 - Winston-Salem, NC - Joel Lawrence Coliseum

This concert was awesome. 'nough said.

I sat in the truck with Jason and friends with a few wireless laptops from about 6:50 to 7:45 (attempt to get their early to beat traffic, but it was packed), after which, we got in, chilled out, and waited for tool to start.

JAMBI - I was pleasantly surprised to see this as the first song (I was expecting Stinkfist) - the crowd went nuts and Maynard came onto the seen with the power and emotion of a hurricane - it was awesome.

STINKFIST - once again - a great follow up to Jambi. I seemed as if Maynard really got into a grove with this song, and everything just flowed wonderfully.

46&2

SCHISM - This was a definite highlight of my night. After hearing quite a few concerts via the internet, I have to say, nothing beats this song live. The guitar work is always amazing.

Lost/ROSETTA - Hmm... Maynard kind of went out of sync during the "spoken verses," but it's a hard track to play live, so I can't blame him. You can't truly appreciate the guitar and bass work until you hear this song live. It's awesome.

**FLOOD*** - so glad they brought this song back. The crowd of course went nuts, and Maynard pushed everything he could into this song.

WINGS - Personally, I love Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days, and hearing it live was spectacular. It got emotional, but it was 16 minutes of lights, music, and awe.

LATERALUS - I would have loved to hear something DRT before hand, but Lateralus is still an awesome track. It was cool how the lasers became more aggressive as the song progressed - I've never seen anything like their light shows before, so I had a gaping jaw the whole time. Jesus it was a good light show.

VICARIOUS - I expected Aenima, but Vicarious gave something aggressive for everyone to go home to.

There was a man to my back left who I thought made an attempt to record the concert with a small recorder, but I couldn't see. Too much was going on to even make it worth taking my eyes off of the concert. Maynard had some good quips. I appreciate it when the band talks to the crowd.

Otherwise, a good 1st Tool concert. My head hurts a little bit, but that's probably from a lack of sleep more-so than the music playing loud.

Being near the front, and a tad to the right, I had great views of Maynard and Danny.