View Single Post
onemindshineforever
06-14-2007, 05:38 AM

It's 9am the morning after, and my ears are still buzzing. Bottomline: That was an awesome show, pretty epic.
So the lazers were great, BUT the visuals topped that. Visuals definitely had my attention for the whole night. I liked the videos for "Rosetta Stoned" and "Vicarious" best. Actually the vids for "Rosetta Stoned" were the shit, very cool concept; I felt like I was on a deep-space-voyage. AND "Lateralus" had it all. That Alex Grey backdrop was beautiful. So much color.
We had the privilege of "Flood." I was definitely hoping to hear "Pushit" but I'm not disappointed....Again, the visuals did it all. "Flood" had some cooolass visuals also hahah. I saw someone here say that they thought Tool was going to break into "Prison Sex"......Can anyone agree with this: Right before "Flood" I thought I heard some riffs to "Undertow." I was like OHhh Fuckin Rite Duuuude UNDERTOW ! But "Flood" it was.
I think this would have been an early write-in for the most epic rock show of my life had Tool played "Reflection" right after playing "Wings1&2" and before "Lateralus." I'm not kidding, I would have pissed my pants if I heard "Reflection." BUT so much for what could have been. It's about what was. And what was was far beyond my expectations. Very pleased with the whole show.
Maynard was cracking-me-up dude. He stood back on the highrise and pretty much danced/moved like a robot for most of the show. He kept doing these mechanical movements in a pattern, and I looked over to my brother and was like "Is Maynard roboting ? Hahah"
That was a baller-ass show. We don't have many huge tours roll through NC often. I'm glad I was a part of it !
I thought I was greatly looking forward to catching 311 and Incubus this summer (and I still am for sure), but being that I've seen 311 twice and Incubus once, I'd totally trade in one of those shows to go see Tool again.
Be easy, yallllll
Old 06-14-2007, 05:38 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/13 - Winston-Salem, NC - Joel Lawrence Coliseum

It's 9am the morning after, and my ears are still buzzing. Bottomline: That was an awesome show, pretty epic.
So the lazers were great, BUT the visuals topped that. Visuals definitely had my attention for the whole night. I liked the videos for "Rosetta Stoned" and "Vicarious" best. Actually the vids for "Rosetta Stoned" were the shit, very cool concept; I felt like I was on a deep-space-voyage. AND "Lateralus" had it all. That Alex Grey backdrop was beautiful. So much color.
We had the privilege of "Flood." I was definitely hoping to hear "Pushit" but I'm not disappointed....Again, the visuals did it all. "Flood" had some cooolass visuals also hahah. I saw someone here say that they thought Tool was going to break into "Prison Sex"......Can anyone agree with this: Right before "Flood" I thought I heard some riffs to "Undertow." I was like OHhh Fuckin Rite Duuuude UNDERTOW ! But "Flood" it was.
I think this would have been an early write-in for the most epic rock show of my life had Tool played "Reflection" right after playing "Wings1&2" and before "Lateralus." I'm not kidding, I would have pissed my pants if I heard "Reflection." BUT so much for what could have been. It's about what was. And what was was far beyond my expectations. Very pleased with the whole show.
Maynard was cracking-me-up dude. He stood back on the highrise and pretty much danced/moved like a robot for most of the show. He kept doing these mechanical movements in a pattern, and I looked over to my brother and was like "Is Maynard roboting ? Hahah"
That was a baller-ass show. We don't have many huge tours roll through NC often. I'm glad I was a part of it !
I thought I was greatly looking forward to catching 311 and Incubus this summer (and I still am for sure), but being that I've seen 311 twice and Incubus once, I'd totally trade in one of those shows to go see Tool again.
Be easy, yallllll
OFFLINE |