View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 03:44 PM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 20
Re: 2007/01/31 - Melbourne, AUS - Sidney Myer Music Bowl

Wow, awesome show. I spent the first 30min trying to get over how good my seats were. We were dead center 4 rows back, phenomenal view. Nothing impeding my vision at all. The sound was almost perfect where we were, Maynard's vocals were at times a little low, but all in all, sounded fanstastic. Really good balance between the 4 guys, sound was really defined and clear, but loud as.

Visually, I was really impressed, the screens were pretty high def, cool imagery and the lasers for 10,000 days were nice. Maynard was pretty quiet, he said hello early on, then something like "well this has just been dandy, we'll see you again in December or maybe November" towards the end, but that was all, otherwise he occupied himself doing his crazy little dances, which was cool, he seemed to enjoy Rosetta Stoned, as did I. Danny was mesmerizing, it's like he has 4 arms, the breakdown in 46+2 was phenomenal. Justin was also brilliant, the highlight for me, his playing on 10,000 days. Adam was subdued as always and just sort of holding the whole show together, the sounds he conjours never fail to amaze me and technically, I thought he was faultless, talk box in Jambi went off.

Setlist was as expected. I would love to get some more obscure tracks but thats the deal when you see longstanding bands with big catalogues i s'pose, cant complain anyway because if they left out any of the tracks they DID play, I would imagine everyone would be a little disappointed as they were all classics.

I wish we could have taken in cameras, I could have got some bullshit shots from where I was, a bit disappointing, the rent-a-cops were all over anyone pulling out phones or anything so I didn't get any snaps. But fuck it it was such a cool show. I'm still digesting a bit and really keen to hear about everyone elses experience, any more photos that anyone managed would be cool too, alrighty then.