View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 01:28 PM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52
Re: 2007/01/31 - Melbourne, AUS - Sidney Myer Music Bowl

Before I Pine Away, you were in Hawaii last year? So was I! That first show there was my favourite Tool show - at least until last night!

We had lawn tickets and then I ended up with some "lawn terrace" tickets - which was the small area general admission in between the seats and the general lawn. Only a few hundred people on both sides and heaps of space. WIN. They were awesome tickets! Only problem was the ground was very steep and hard to get a comfortable footing.
I think they were the late release ones so if you're going to see RHCP or anyone at the Bowl keep an eye out for them.

I must say I was a tiny bit disappointed to not hear Swamp Song/Opiate/The Pot (this was one song shorter than Sydney, though maybe there is a noise curfew?) but the rest of the set was seriously amazing. I think that was the heaviest performance of Lateralus I've seen in a while. And Wings/10KD was beautiful. Was it just me or was the whole crowd singing along with the "fetch me the....." etc etc line? It certainly sounded like everyone was screaming along to that section culminating in GIVE ME MY WINGS.

I thought at first the crowd was a little quiet but I think they were just more appreciative. The band certainly seemed pleased at the show's end.

The guy on the roof scared me. He was pretty much right above us and all I could picture was him falling and splattering on the ground in front of us. Idiot.

oh and forensick if you're going to buy up 10 tickets sell them to fans on tool forums and not on ebay. that's scalping. Speaking of, I had extra tickets to sell before the show and I got followed around by some annoying American scalper who kept offering me $40 per ticket. I eventually got rid of them cost price to fans, but fuck he was annoying. And selling tickets before shows sucks. I felt like an idiot and most people thought I was a scalper :\
Next time I'm making the people who bail come along and sell them themselves!
OFFLINE |