View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 07:54 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/25 - Glasgow, SCT - SECC

Brilliant all round show.
Was a little worried about how the sound would be while listening to Mastadon. Couldn't make out a single note from the bass and everything else was seriously muddy. Thankfully such problems didn't affect Tool's sound. It wasn't 'perfect', but far better than most bands get at the big red shed. I think alot of it has to do with the fact that Justin uses a really crisp trebley sound, so it doesn't just become some throbbing mess.
Musicianship beyond compare in my opinion. Same for songwriting. And what an effort with the visual side of things. I mean, lasers which weren't cheesey but, in fact, stunning. And the three circular lighting bars/screens were among the most class things i've ever seen at a concert, or even a dedicated lighting display.
Swamp song was good to hear. Wings and 10Kdays came across really well (despite out of time clapping) and the altered sections of Schism and Stinkfist worked even better than at the Carling gig. Also, the te,perature was far more hospitable than at that gig!

Think that's enough.

Glad to have been there to share the night with you all.
OFFLINE |