View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 04:07 AM   #16
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/25 - Glasgow, SCT - SECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusy View Post
HELL NO MAN, WE ARE ALL (APART FROM MY WIFE) THE WRONG SIDE OF THIRTY SO STAND SLIGHTLY TOWARDS THE BACK AND NOD OUR HEADS! MAYBE A FEW YEARS AGO
That's no excuse - I'm the wrong side of 40 (just) and was *right* down the front (come to think of it aren't most of the band in their 40s too?!)

Anyway what can I add - *awesome* gig. Saw them at Carling Academy and Hammersmith back in June and this was even better if that were possible!! Stunning visuals and (amazingly for the SECC) the sound was spot on!

Think the setlist in cusy's post above is right - can't be 100% sure of order but hey I was too busy taking it all into be taking notes ;-)

Most emotional moment for me was when they began 10,000 Days / Wings ... I've longed to see & hear it live for so long and despite all the previous reviews couldn't believe they were actually playing it , and exclaimed to the bloke next to me "OmiGod, I'm going to cry!!" (and must admit I did at the "Give me my wings" line which always brings a lump to the old throat). Was a bit annoyed at folk clapping and whooping during the quiet bits, but hey didn't let it spoil the moment.

High points for me still Lateralus (WOW, follow that....!), the fast guitar bit in the middle of Schism (just wish it was longer), the rock-out towards the end of Wings... minor disappointment at no Sober, but hey - maybe next weekend at Nottingham (can't believe I'm going to do it all again next weekend....and then the one after in Paris!!!!)

Maynard only spoke a couple of times (I think) - to request the audience not to smoke, as "you like my pretty little voice the way it is?", and to say "always a pleasure" at the very end. Yeah was a bit worried about him too hope that voice holds out! As for the others, Justin cool and rocking as ever, Danny cool and mad as ever, Adam static (but also cool) as ever...!

Mustn't leave out Mastodon as they were also superb, first time I've seen them and it won't be the last.... they did a fantastic set, higlight for me was my personal favourite Sleeping Giant off the Blood Mountain album, but it was all awesome. Impressive backdrop too! If you're going to any of the remaining UK gigs do get there early and catch them - and I mean *early* - nearly missed the beginning of their set and that was a mere half hour after the doors opening .

Hope to see some of you at Nottingham and Paris!!!!

http://stashbox.org/5785/tool.jpg