View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 03:25 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/09 - Rotterdam, NLD - Ahoy

Mastodon was great, tight as ever, but alas the sound was horrible. It was dreadful seeing one of my favorite bands drowning in a pool of sound. During their gig it seemed to get better but not much. I think it`s a bloody shame to be supporting in Ahoy, and it probably has costed them potential audience. To write a band off because of poor accoustics and sound engineering is terribly short sighted and lame...

And then came TOOL! Very funny seeing the roadies wearing shoe covers and wiping the stage, and then wearing white robes during the gig. The band was awesome as ever and some tiny mistakes make them a little bit human instead of icons. This addressed to people who seem to stumble over some mistakes, GET A LIFE. If you don`t want to hear mistakes? Listen to the album!

As for Maynard`s mask, beeing a non smoker I completely understand why he would want to wear one, heck, I would have worn one myself last night. Like at the HMH, people showed a lack of respect by smoking while knowing he has a problem with that.

I could do with a TOOL concert every month, every week infact, perhaps each day, simply mindblowing, even at AHoy. Please don`t ever play at Ahoy again.

Last edited by Guitarfrenzy; 11-10-2006 at 03:28 AM..
OFFLINE |