View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:53 AM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: 2006/11/09 - Rotterdam, NLD - Ahoy

Mastodon gave a great show, but the sound was awful. Just awful. Way too much bass and drums. After the Mastodon show, everybody was complaining about it and saying how they hoped it would get better with Tool, but unfortunatly, it still sucked when they came on. The guitar sounded great, but the bass, damn.... I could feel my entire body trembling. Sometimes it was hard to make out if Maynard was singing or not because of the bass.

I was espacially bothered during The Pot; Maynard sounded great during the accapella bit, then the bass came in and just kinda killed the song.

Still, great show. Better performance than in Amsterdam, but because of the sound quality, I enjoyed that concert more. The last three songs were the highlight.

For those interested, stuff MJK said:

After Stinkfist: "Good evening Rotterdam. What's up?"

During the lighter bit: "Thank you, goodnight. Thank you, goodnight." (annoyed) "Thank you, good night."

After Vicarious: "Thank you very much for coming out. We'll see you again next summer. I'll be wearing a mask then. A bigger mask. Good night. Look out for each other on the way home. See you soon"

Last edited by Wool; 11-10-2006 at 01:55 AM..
OFFLINE |