View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 11:32 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/08 - Dusseldorf, GER - Philipshalle

What was up with Maynard and the cloth or t-shirt he was holding in front of his face in the later part of the show? I think he had a huge cold or something, he didn't sound that good I thought, didn't really hit the high notes, especially Jambi was a bit of a dissapointment for me because of that. Might also be why they didn't play the Pot.
And yeah, he did seem like he'd rather be somewhere else, also seemed as if he was mocking the whole thing a little bit (too much for my taste).
All in all a bit of a dissapointment, Maynard carries the emotional weight of the music and that just got lost a bit (not on all songs thought, sober and laterlalus were still magnificent).
Also this German girl ruined a part of the evening for me, she forced herself in between me and my friend and than starting jumping against me like a madwoman in a very a-rythmical matter which made me lose focus of the music more than once.
I'm usually not a violent man, but I really felt like helping her with some involuntary crowdsurfing a couple of times...
Anywayz, enough bitching, part of it all was probably my skyhigh expectations (god, I hate those), although I still think the shows I've seen before were more impressive.

Peace.
OFFLINE |