View Single Post
rubycon2035
01-26-2012, 10:35 AM

Although I'm huge fan of tool, however this is my first live performance. Being an avid musician myself, I know all their songs by heart, and am able to transcribe most everything they play (the guitar portions, bass and 6 string, are not complex musically). The secret of Adam's guitar playing is the color he adds to his music. It's almost as if he is painting, the way he adds depth and life to his work.

Adam and Danny are bigger in person than I would've guessed.

Their set list is so short, I don't understand why they took a 15 minute interlude. Refresh yourselves on stage, guys. Talk to us.

My brain has been effectively scrambled after that 15 minute audio barrage of "plasma," noises that they left on during their interlude.

Overall, the laser show was spectacular.

I was getting bad vibes from Maynard. He disappointed me with his effort. I felt he was rude. Perhaps he didn't care much for the audience ( full of teens and ignorant kids), but there are some of us that aren't trashed and are more respectful of this event, so we should all be thought of. He didn't bow to the audience at the end, or thank us for that matter.

No, Maynard, I don't find your quirky actions to be mesmerizing. If you're(maynard) going to carry a night stick around on stage, you're telling everyone that you're afraid of someone getting up there and really doing some damage to your old body. Why don't you deal with them with your bare hands as I've seen you do before? You're sending bad messages to your fans. You have a responsibility to other humans.

Everything maynard does is a statement, and I just think he is getting weaker, older, physically and spiritually. Why tour if you don't care?
I really like Adam, Danny, and Justin. They look like a family up there. I personally wouldn't mind seeing those 3 perform without maynard. He barely sang, barely talked, and was in the dark the entire time. When he did sing, it was over his own voice track... so... just... go away.

The essence of Tool was and always will be is the atmosphere created by the music. Adam and Danny had a vision of being able to convey such emotions through this medium of music, and they stay true to what that is. That is why I, and so many others began to like them. NEVER was the poetry and writing of maynard, or his weirdness the reason I got into this band. Go ahead and overthink everything, Maynard, your poems don't impress me.

Adam and Danny: maynard is replaceable! What I see and what I feel is that you 2 are TOOL.

Much love, and if I disrespected any Maynard fans, it was not intended.

Keep making songs Danny, Adam and Justin. You all complement each other musically in such a uniquely fascinating way.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.24.2012 - Toledo, OH @ Huntington Centre

Although I'm huge fan of tool, however this is my first live performance. Being an avid musician myself, I know all their songs by heart, and am able to transcribe most everything they play (the guitar portions, bass and 6 string, are not complex musically). The secret of Adam's guitar playing is the color he adds to his music. It's almost as if he is painting, the way he adds depth and life to his work.

Adam and Danny are bigger in person than I would've guessed.

Their set list is so short, I don't understand why they took a 15 minute interlude. Refresh yourselves on stage, guys. Talk to us.

My brain has been effectively scrambled after that 15 minute audio barrage of "plasma," noises that they left on during their interlude.

Overall, the laser show was spectacular.

I was getting bad vibes from Maynard. He disappointed me with his effort. I felt he was rude. Perhaps he didn't care much for the audience ( full of teens and ignorant kids), but there are some of us that aren't trashed and are more respectful of this event, so we should all be thought of. He didn't bow to the audience at the end, or thank us for that matter.

No, Maynard, I don't find your quirky actions to be mesmerizing. If you're(maynard) going to carry a night stick around on stage, you're telling everyone that you're afraid of someone getting up there and really doing some damage to your old body. Why don't you deal with them with your bare hands as I've seen you do before? You're sending bad messages to your fans. You have a responsibility to other humans.

Everything maynard does is a statement, and I just think he is getting weaker, older, physically and spiritually. Why tour if you don't care?
I really like Adam, Danny, and Justin. They look like a family up there. I personally wouldn't mind seeing those 3 perform without maynard. He barely sang, barely talked, and was in the dark the entire time. When he did sing, it was over his own voice track... so... just... go away.

The essence of Tool was and always will be is the atmosphere created by the music. Adam and Danny had a vision of being able to convey such emotions through this medium of music, and they stay true to what that is. That is why I, and so many others began to like them. NEVER was the poetry and writing of maynard, or his weirdness the reason I got into this band. Go ahead and overthink everything, Maynard, your poems don't impress me.

Adam and Danny: maynard is replaceable! What I see and what I feel is that you 2 are TOOL.

Much love, and if I disrespected any Maynard fans, it was not intended.

Keep making songs Danny, Adam and Justin. You all complement each other musically in such a uniquely fascinating way.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote