View Single Post
spiral2spiral's Avatar spiral2spiral
01-27-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iscar View Post
Third Eye really threw confused a lot of the crowd too. I saw a lot of people leaving the crowd during it. Quote of the day went to the guy behind me who after Third Eye had finished yelled "this is shit, play something oldschool... we want oldschool tool". Thats big day out for you though. I've learned to just ignore it.
Oh dear.
Indeed typical BDO.
I was in the D, and Third Eye deifnitiely thinned some of the herd, people who had come over from Rammstein then left early saying "This is boring"

So, good then. More room for the real fans.

Quote:
Any idea what the big "3" was on the piece of paper Maynard was showing the crowd? Something to do with the setlist? i dont know. Lastly like someone else mentioned, Maynard didn't seem _that_ into it, passed up on a few screams and often didn't move much. I could easily put this down to it being bid day out tho, I cant blame him.
He's been rating Dannys drum solos after the Lateralus/Orion jam. (He gave him a 4 in Brisbane)

Maynard's been like that all tour. Very subdued, restrained. Been dropping the last line of Vicarious. Shortening the "goooooooone" in Jambi. Other songs being played at the solo shows but not at the BDO (won't mention which for spoiler reasons) he's been skipping lines or breaking them up too.

He sung The Pot in a whole lower key too, methinks.

He's getting older, the voice is getting weaker. Same issues came up on the US APC tour in Nov. He's doing the best with what he still has. Respect to that.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #10
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.26.11 - Big Day Out - Sydney

Quote:
Third Eye really threw confused a lot of the crowd too. I saw a lot of people leaving the crowd during it. Quote of the day went to the guy behind me who after Third Eye had finished yelled "this is shit, play something oldschool... we want oldschool tool". Thats big day out for you though. I've learned to just ignore it.
Oh dear.
Indeed typical BDO.
I was in the D, and Third Eye deifnitiely thinned some of the herd, people who had come over from Rammstein then left early saying "This is boring"

So, good then. More room for the real fans.

Quote:
Any idea what the big "3" was on the piece of paper Maynard was showing the crowd? Something to do with the setlist? i dont know. Lastly like someone else mentioned, Maynard didn't seem _that_ into it, passed up on a few screams and often didn't move much. I could easily put this down to it being bid day out tho, I cant blame him.
He's been rating Dannys drum solos after the Lateralus/Orion jam. (He gave him a 4 in Brisbane)

Maynard's been like that all tour. Very subdued, restrained. Been dropping the last line of Vicarious. Shortening the "goooooooone" in Jambi. Other songs being played at the solo shows but not at the BDO (won't mention which for spoiler reasons) he's been skipping lines or breaking them up too.

He sung The Pot in a whole lower key too, methinks.

He's getting older, the voice is getting weaker. Same issues came up on the US APC tour in Nov. He's doing the best with what he still has. Respect to that.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote