View Single Post
SpiralingDown
08-23-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
seen tool at least 30 times, this one was the worst, but not because of the band.

I stood fairly far back because I was in the front row for the New Jersey show. I wanted to see the lazers and lights.

The sound was terrible with different parts dropping out constantly. It was really ridiculous, embarassing for the event.

The lazers were subdued because it was an outdoor venue, but they did use every tree, lamp post, and building in sight to block the lazer path and let some go during certain parts, that was cool and obviously took some meticulous coordination.

Maynard was very chatty, my first thought was that he was on some opiate painkillers due to the injury, he's never just rambled on like that in a candid fashion.

Setlist was the same as usual, but that does not bother me. The band didn't rehears any new material or any older songs for this summer tour stint. They worked on a cover, but apparently didn't get it fully worked out in time. Think about it, they really only have the brief sound checks in order to rehearse, when else would they practice?

Video coordination is great with the music, but I miss a lot of the old videos. The live action stuff, now it seems like its all CGI.

Justin came out playing Jambi like a madman, he was REALLY into it.

I also thought it was lame Chester hijacked the Linkin Park show for his "side project" everyone has one or two of them these days, its bad form to haul them on stage in the middle of your primary band's set.

I hope Tool gets out on the road again soon, but only after working on some new material.

I got a signed poster too! 89/500.
My thoughts exactly, couldn't have reviewed it better myself.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.22.09 - Pomona, CA @ Epicenter Fest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
seen tool at least 30 times, this one was the worst, but not because of the band.

I stood fairly far back because I was in the front row for the New Jersey show. I wanted to see the lazers and lights.

The sound was terrible with different parts dropping out constantly. It was really ridiculous, embarassing for the event.

The lazers were subdued because it was an outdoor venue, but they did use every tree, lamp post, and building in sight to block the lazer path and let some go during certain parts, that was cool and obviously took some meticulous coordination.

Maynard was very chatty, my first thought was that he was on some opiate painkillers due to the injury, he's never just rambled on like that in a candid fashion.

Setlist was the same as usual, but that does not bother me. The band didn't rehears any new material or any older songs for this summer tour stint. They worked on a cover, but apparently didn't get it fully worked out in time. Think about it, they really only have the brief sound checks in order to rehearse, when else would they practice?

Video coordination is great with the music, but I miss a lot of the old videos. The live action stuff, now it seems like its all CGI.

Justin came out playing Jambi like a madman, he was REALLY into it.

I also thought it was lame Chester hijacked the Linkin Park show for his "side project" everyone has one or two of them these days, its bad form to haul them on stage in the middle of your primary band's set.

I hope Tool gets out on the road again soon, but only after working on some new material.

I got a signed poster too! 89/500.
My thoughts exactly, couldn't have reviewed it better myself.
OFFLINE |