View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 04:42 AM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 467
Re: 2006/09/25 - Cleveland, OH - Wolstein Center

Isis - Played 1 song 4 times, or so it seems.

Volume - Another great show. I'll never, ever understand the logic behind having the house mix so overly loud. It's not just Tool. Lot's of bands have sound guys that mix everything so ridiculously loud, it really takes away from the show. I have seen Tool 16 times now, but this was the first time I remember such a blatantly loud mix. It's not like the vocals were louder than everything else, or the bass, drums or guitar. The entire mix was just painfully loud. I walked around the whole venue to see if I could find a sweet spot, but it sounded the same no matter where I stood. It's really too bad, because CSU is a oddly great sounding venue, when the sound is mixed properly. Oh well...

Tool - Not a flawless performance, but that's not what music is about. Every song was a highlight, except for Schism, which is just boring to hear at this point. The visuals were cool. The screens in the back just flashed a strange green for Stinkfist (intended?). For 'The Pot', the only screen behind the band that was on was the one directly behind Maynard. Again, I'm not sure if this was intended, or if the screens were just not working.

People complaining about the crowd's 'lack of enthusiasm': Get over it. If everyone was going apeshit and moshing, you'd be complaining about that, so...

Unfortunate - The only "missed vocal" that I noticed was in Aenima. Maynard sang "Don't just call me pessimist", then did not sing "Try and read between the lines". Oh well. Next time...

Overall, the performance was very tight. My only complaint was the overall volume of the house mix. Too loud...
OFFLINE |