View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 10:58 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/25 - Cleveland, OH - Wolstein Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by barffyman View Post
I was on floor seats about 20 seats from the stage. Did anyone else think the sound was too loud for such a small arena? Especially some of the effects seemed too overpowering. Overall the performance was good, but hard to enjoy because it was impossible to hear the intricacies of the songs. There were several times where either Adam or Maynard was thrown off by a little bit, but it didn't have a large effect. What the hell was with that butcher who kept dicking around with shit on stage? I got the feeling tool wasn't really prepared. It would have been nice to hear a different set list than the same one heard in columbus. I'm still undecided about the show.
I agree with what you've said. I noticed many mistakes tonight. Missed cues, missed lyrics to name a few. The great thing about this band is the way they transition and fluently, tightly change. That was not there tonight . Also I think Chancellor's bass is too loud. It drowns out Keenen's vocs at times, and those certain intricacies that we all love so much. Also, could you tell when Justin or Maynard missed a cue? Adam's head would abruptly turn to his left, or back toward MJk. Some of Adam's solos were not up to par. (i.e. he ddin't have the sound ready to go at precisely the right time.) At times, Justin seemed to be in his own world and would not look up to make eye contact, and Adam looked over like "fuckin pay attention!". At times Keenan's mic was fine, and others it was way low or not clear enough. Can't decipher any words from the megaphone during Rosetta. Danny seemed great as usual. Wings was good. It's funny cause people don't know how to act from one song to the next. Hard driving riffs with heads banging, turns into Wings, which is Floydish in nature. I liked the additions to songs like 46+2 and Schism. I liked the instrumental leading into Vicarious. Laser's were cool. Especially when u look up and it's like there's a laser ceiling above you. Keenan's lean back cowboy dance was amusing during Jambi. I enjoyed the show even though I had all these complaints. I've seen them live alot. (4th time in '06 2nite) I expect more from these superb musicains, but they still are the best. Maybe their sound guy should read all these posts.
OFFLINE |