View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 10:22 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/25 - Cleveland, OH - Wolstein Center

The show was amazing, as can only be expected. Unfortunately, as big of a fan as I am, it's only the second time I've seen them (and the first time was at Ozzfest '98). Maynard was having a hell of time and so was everyone there. The highlight to me was Wings 1 and 2 and the crowd's response that followed. Still, unsurprisingly, I saw a lot of people leave to take a leak and try to buy beer then.

As to everyone talking about the crowd being lethargic, read posts from other shows. Maynard says that everywhere to rile people up. He just wants to see how loud he can make us scream. They played the same set almost everywhere, despite cries for an encore. It really didn't matter. They ended the show at 11:00pm sharp.

If you still think the crowd sounded less than enthusiastic after that nugget of truth, consider this. When Tool fans go to a concert, they are very attentive and want to watch and study the band as they play. They know the songs, and still want to hear Maynard sing them. I believe that fans (like myself and people I was with) just wanted to take in the experience. You don't need to scream at the band and headbang and knock other people over like an asshole when you dance around to do that. It's strictly optional. There were no mosh pits and I'm sure the band was awful sorry for that.

I will see Tool again, as long as they play again. Until then, I'll just have to satisfy myself with Tool's Volcano labelmate, "Weird" Al.
OFFLINE |