View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 11:46 AM   #35
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/15 - Kansas City, MO - Kemper Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaqube View Post
Thoughts before the show:
Call me an elitist, call me arrogant, call me whatever. I understand liking the band and wanting to show support, but " think for yourself" applies to more than just verbage. Walking around felt like ...high school. but you ever get the feeling it's the "cool thing" to see Tool? I felt out of place not smoking and drinking 'til I stumble, mumble, and fumble.

As for the crowd, lemmings. All lemmings. One person clap, all people clap. I think I'm getting old and pissy, but I want Tool to play an opera house. No pit, no drunken beligerant fuckers. Just a stage for the artists and their craft.
Also, I saw the fireworks. Kinda cool, kinda funny anyway. Ride on.
^Heavily edited... I hated to do it, So many good points in there...

*elitist*

I personally get a kick outta hearing when a song has a flase ending (like so many Tool Songs do) and seeing the crowd react, Sure I'll clap some then (actually, I'll cheer in the middle of a song, like when Danny impresses the fuck outta me.)
But I also realize that in a minute and a half I'm gonna seriously have to give it up. But I think the cheering during songs is neccessary to keep the energy level high. The band feeds off of us. You saw Danny after the break, and yeah, he is a workaholic, but he was first on his feet. But The Band felt us. Justin once again appreciated the lighters. There was unity in that, but there was also a lemming-ish mentality that goes along with that. "Oh, those people are holding up lighters, so I guess I should too" or my view "Wow, that looks really, really, beautiful. I'll do my part to help *out comes the lighter*"

And yeah, the asshole/highschool factor is high. But the way I look at it. I payed to see Tool. All those other idiots payed to kill some brain cells, oh, and for my light show.

Without bodies in the seats Tool couldn't afford the shows they're putting on. Yeah, they can easily fill Halls, like Memorial, hell They coulda probably sold out Memorial 3 or 4 nights with true fans. Or they fill Kemper and they get the room to put on the show they wanna do, they get room to work.

I missed the fireworks. I waited till crowd control chased me outta my seat. Then I sat in traffic for an hour and a half. Actually I sat in traffic for 15 minutes, then I pulled over to the side and waited till I had room to drive. Then I discovered that if they had just let me turn left, instead of forcing me to go right.

Any word on if they were Official Tool-works? I doubt it, but it would be a pretty nifty addition to the light show we already got.

"Spark becomes a flame.
Flame becomes a fire."
OFFLINE |