View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 11:04 AM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/15 - Kansas City, MO - Kemper Arena

It's just too bad Aquaqube didn't feel the love last night. ...Most of the band shirts that I saw were that perfect color of faded black that only comes with years of wear; although I'll admit my Alex Grey minidress only arrived this week--I just wanted to make a good contribution to the visual scenery. From my vantage point, I only saw one little mosh pit on the floor--just a few idiots who have no idea what the experience is truly about. The rest of the people that I saw were genuinely ecstatic to be there. I really loved it how even before and after the show, everyone was still yelling out their love for TOOL.

As for the actual show, I'm still speechless about most of the experience. This was my second golden opportunity to see true art in action and was definitely worth the wait for the past four+ years. I was disappointed at first about the visuals not working on the screens, until I realized that the stage was a much better place for them anyway. GOD, I loved those visuals...it was like I had to take in just as much stimuli as I could. I'm pretty damn sure I simultaneously blew all my mental fuses...or was it multiple orgasms? Probably both. After a while, I couldn't remember to focus on anything...beautiful to just "lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in...feel it move across my skin."

Ah, but they definitely left me wanting more and screaming for it as well. I absolutely hated how they turned on the lights and shitty music as soon as they left stage. It was like, "Alright folks, enough with you and your devil music. Now clear out so we can air this bitch out." I had to sit there for quite a few minutes to resign myself to the fact that it was over.

I seriously wanted to hug everyone in the crowd for showing so much love. It was definitely one of my favorite parts during the intermission when everyone was on their feet, or stomping, whistling, cheering...and all those lighters were beautiful. I loved it how the band was just sitting back, soaking it all in.