View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/11 - The Woodlands, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion

In regards to Maynard bitchin about not enough people being there and thats why he left... I am not doubting that what you or your supervisor was told was what infact you were told but I cant believe that. I mean I havn't been to the past couple shows of the tour but post after post has been saying that Maynard has been getting sick. Were every one of these shows not "full enough" so he decided to put on the cherade about being sick for a couple of nights. Also if he was so pissed off about not enough people being there I think that Maynards history would show us that he would NOT appologize for being sick to the crowd. If he is pissed enough to want to leave the stage then he is pissed enough to not even think about apologies. Finally, why would they cancel the San Antonio show if he was just angry? That show is sold out too, is Maynard just expecting it to be a disappointing turnout? I think that you were told what you were told and ur boss was too but I dont think that Maynard would do that. Nor do I think that he would bitch about the turnout. Maybe he was pissed that the show wasnt going how he wanted, aggrivated, and disgruntled because he was sick and has been. Because of all of that I think that he could have made a comment about the turnout maybe say "this show doesnt look sold out," or "At least its not a full house so everyone wont hear me sing this way (sarcastically or not)." If he said something to that affect and then when he left this stage the security nearby could have blown it out of proportion. I just think Maynard is above all of that. My two cents
OFFLINE |