View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:19 AM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/11 - The Woodlands, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion

(In comic book guy's voice) WORST.TOOL.SHOW.EVER!

Yes, they should come back and perform a free show for those that were there last night. To not do so would be like a big "Fuck You" to the fans. We didn't pay $75 a ticket to listen to the crowd sing the songs, and btw, they were very off-key. We wanted to see TOOL, not Toolaoke. I'm sorry that Memford was sick, that really sucks, but it's extremely unprofessional to stand there and let the crowd sing for you and cut the set list by several songs. Either suck it up and sing or postpone the show, like they are tonight.

The highlight of the show for me was Lateralus. It was the only song played close to 100%. I thought they were going to debut Intension but went into Right In Two instead, which was beautiful. From what I could see, it looked like Adam was like "what the fuck?" all throughout the show. And when Memford walked off the stage after RIT, Danny seemed flabbergasted that the show was over and walked over to his sticks. I knew that was the tell-tale sign that the show was over. To say that I was disappointed would be a gross understatement. I was really upset as were my husband and the several friends we were with, as were all the people around us, especially the older fans that knew better.

I have to give props to the other members of the band for playing the hell out of the songs to compensate for Memford being M.I.A.. I can't believe I'm saying this since I always think concerts are too loud, but this show wasn't loud enough. At times, I could barely hear Adam, especially during the real poignant moments in the songs, which is really important to me since I love Adam so much. Like someone else said, Memford sang less than 50% of the show and when he did sing, I could barely hear him and it was muffled. Danny was amazing as always as was Justin. I love how Justin moves as he plays. What a cute guy. The light show was nice, but I have to say that I was so frustrated by Memford that I often had my eyes closed in order to focus on the music, to try to stay into the groove. I kept feeling a bad vibe from the stage. It seems there was something else going on other than Memford being ill. I could feel it.

The crowd was fairly well behaved. There were a few frat-boy like drunk fucktards, but far less than previous shows. Thank the universe for that. But how about that exit from the south gates? What the fuck? It took us FOREVER to just walk from the gate to the car. And from the car to the highway? Pfffttt....Just the icing on the cake to a disappointing show. The crowd leaving the south gates was mostly somber and subdued. And that tripe about there not being enough people there? HA! Whatever. That place was packed. There were waaaay more people there than the last Wooodlands show. That lawn area was a sea of people.
OFFLINE |