View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:38 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/11 - The Woodlands, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion

Let me start off by saying that i was in front of the pit and pretty much right against the railing in the middle, but more towards adams side. THe sound for the instruments was great, the vocals sounded muffled and you couldnt hear them very well at all. So that being put aside. This was my 11th show and it was not the greatest, but hey its TOOL, how bad can it really be?? First time i was ever so close to a band in a big venue. I saw them in 97 in Asbury Park, NJ but i wasnt at the railing. The pit was very small and easy to get up front. The lasers were cool, i couldnt see the screen on the stage. But others will tell you about the show, let me tell some details...Maynard was wearing an ATF jacket with a cirlce slash going across the T. Still on his anti smoking campaign i guess, but who knows. Justin was using his bottle of Stella beer to play his bass at one moment in time, i think before Vicarious started. Adam and Justin were stellar. Same setlist that i saw in NY during the warmup tour minus Sober, MINUS a song!! #3rd show since the new album, still no THE POT, just my luck!! No Wings or Days. Danny was amazing, watching him is always a treat. Maynard let the crowd sing alot of verses, hopefully he'll get better by tomorrow. Well Right in 2 was a pretty good close i thought, it ends with ferocious style. Man, being so close to them is great. But cant wait to sit further away and see the while lights and laser and screen on the floor thing. Well anyways drove from austin to houston, back to austin. Gotta be at work in 6 hours. See ya'll in San Antonio tonight.
11/22/96 | 02/27/97 | 07/11/97 | 07/03/98 | 10/24/01 | 10/28/01 | 07/23/02 | 07/26/02 | 05/19/06 | 05/20/06 | 09/11/06 | 05/29/07 | 05/31/07 |
OFFLINE |