View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #7
On Probation

Bincount™: 88
Re: 2006/09/11 - The Woodlands, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion

I really love how the fans in Houston have been so positive about the reviews thus far. I have mixed feelings to be honest. I have seen Tool several times, and I would be making things up if I said this wasn't the worst performance I have seen. The set list mentioned above looks correct - and it illustrates the awkwardness of tonight's show. Several songs were missing from previous shows, most importantly wings and 10,000 days. In addition, I sang more tonight than Maynard did. He literally left half of the songs empty. So, to get everyone up to speed on my review I would need to say that I HAVE BEEN READING THE FORUMS AND KNEW MAYNARD WAS SICK BEFORE THE SHOW STARTED......BUT IT WAS STILL A VERY STRANGE SHOW. I am a musician and completely understand that it is hard for a vocalist to sing while sick - so I certainly appreciate that Maynard gave it his all. Ultimately, I felt like there was just something missing tonight apart from Maynard's sickness. Maybe tonight was a bad night for all the boys........I don't know. I do know that I left tonight's show thinking that, after all, these guys are only human. I hope you get better Maynard, and I wish you guys the best of luck on the rest of the tour.
OFFLINE |