Swamp Song
46 & 2
Jambi
Schism [extended]
Rosetta Stoned
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænima

Overall, for me it was the worst Tool performance I had seen. I was lucky to see them the other night in Melbourne, otherwise I think I would have been hugely dissapointed. Swamp Song was probably the highlight for me, as well as Lateralus. Very dissapointed that didn't play The Pot, but not surprised due to Maynard's recent vocal problems. Rosetta is a kick ass song, but not well received by the crowd because they don't know it. A few mistakes also very noticeable tonight, and what was with Maynard not singing the majority of the 2nd half of Vicarious and the end of Aenema?!

The problem is that either people were just being idiots and had no respect for Maynard, or they didn't appreciate that the band were there to perform for them. Not the right atmosphere for a Tool show - I saw them in UK @ Download Festival with 70,000 people and that just rocked hard. I think that the general crowd in Adelaide apart from us Tool heads, do not give the right vibe and appreciation to the bands that come here. This is definately apparent, because we do not get the shows that Melbourne and Sydney do. This does not bother me in any way, because I will travel to see them and usually enjoy it better where bands are more appreciated. I feel sorry for those who can not afford this luxury.

Hopefully November / December will bring a more vibrant show and keep away those people who turn up for the sake of something to do, and the pretender Tool fans.
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne 2001 - Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Adelaide 2002 - Download Festival, UK 2006 - London Hammersmith Apollo, UK 2006 - Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne 2007 - Big Day Out, Adelaide 2007
OFFLINE |