View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 07:15 AM   #156
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

This was my first Tool concert and I thought it was a great show. The only downside was that they didn't play anything from Undertow. After the show, I was lamenting that they missed all those good songs (The Grudge, Euology, H, Prison Sex, etc. etc.), however to ask them play all their good shit (of which they have a plethora) would obviously be totally unreasonable. Given that almost all their songs are lengthy, I'm satisfied with the amount that they played.

My personal favourite performance was WFM/TTD. I had goosebumps during those songs. Granted, they don't rock out like a lot of the others, but they have a very quiet energy that I was definitely feeling.

Funniest moment: I'm in the pit and this girl comes up to me and asks me to put her up to crowd surf. Now, I don't know about everyone else who was on the floor, but I certainly wasn't getting the "let's rock out" vibe from everyone else. Everybody seemed to be enjoying the music more than anything, and there was no real moshing or crowd surfing going on. Anyways, I tried to tell her that I didn't think it was a good idea, but she insisted, so me and this other dude put her up. Not surprisingly, she last a whole 3 seconds before the crowd bailed on her and dropped her hard on her back. I felt bad, but it was pretty damn funny.
OFFLINE |