View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 10:30 PM   #151
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

Now that I've actually had some time to sit back and let it sink in, I can say that Saturday night's show was the best concert I've been to. The setlist, the atmosphere, the energy... it all came together. It wasn't so much a concert as it was an experience.

Did anyone else near the back of 203 see the kid rocking out in the aisle? It was hilarious. He couldn't have been older than 10. Though he did look like he was getting bored towards the end of the show.

Wings/10,000 Days took me away. I got lost in that song. Honestly, I don't think I've ever been that captured by a moment before. It was terrific. That was definitely the highlight of the night for me, but the rest of the show really gave it a run for its money, especially Lateralus. I didn't really appreciate it at the Hummingbird, but Saturday was a whole different story.

Then there's the light show, and the videos (like the AWESOME re-edit of Schism to fit with the live extension), and the weather, which I got to see and not feel, all working as extra sensory candy to compliment the aural experience.

Perhaps I'm romanticizing the show, but I don't really care. It was that amazing for me. I doubt I'll see a better concert any time soon, unless Tool is coming back around again.