View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 08:48 PM   #139
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

i was in 305 K right at the rightmost edge. my friend actually got crap for smoking. but that was between sets so the lights were on. Not the best concert I've seen, but it was defnately more than I had expected. Great visuals and great musicianship. It was hard to see Justin because a pillar was in my way, but i had a great view of the other 3 the entire show. My only beef is that they have no stage presence, which is something I enjoy at shows. However, the mixing was exellent, among the best I've ever experienced live. everything was audible.

Funny, a random chick passed me a joint, and 5 seconds later they broke into The Pot. Couldn't have asked for a better setlist, especially the Rosetta Stoned/Wings marathon. I'd seen a video of Wings live, and thought it was nothing special, but it's just as good as the album when seen in person.

the show ended at about 11, but anyone on the left half of the stadium probably never got out until quarter to 12 :(

edit: as for the volume (sound), it was loud, but not deafening. Probably much louder in front of a set of speakers. My ears stopped ringing by the time I had got to the train at midnight. This is comparing to being front-row at a Strapping Young Lad show, though.

Last edited by mechanichippie; 09-25-2006 at 08:59 PM..
OFFLINE |