View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #66
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/27 - George, WA - Gorge Amphitheatre

Belated ?? Maybe. I listened to 10Kdays a dozen times to get the feel of the music, before I started to pay attention to the lyrics.

2ND time Tool goer & over 50

Got there late, so lines to get in were 20-30 mins long. Just 'enuff time to swill
some beers. Missed the 1st band ... heard they sucked. Others here don't think so.

Row 27, just to right of stage. Great seats, great view, outstanding sound, OK visuals (loved the fire).

Lots of pro/cons already here on the visuals. I liked the way the Lateralus tour was
setup, but I guess this way lends itself to 'large venues'.

Sound was very clean, Justin was a bit loud though. Maynard's processed vocals were
sometimes unintelligible, but the clean mike was sweet. A couple of my buds said the sound was solid & clean up by the beer garden too!

My girlfriend (also over 50 & not a Tooler) was thinking they would be more
entertaining. Why is Maynard in the back all the time? Nope I said, it's all about
the layers of sound. She also thought the crowd was well behaved, she was thinking of 'black metal' shows & didn't know what to expect. She didn't know everybody would be singing along.

As for the set-list: I almost shit my pants when 46 & 2 started, would have liked to
hear Right in Two.

HIGH-POINTS

Opiate : Nicely drawn out...but was Maynard really slowing it down, or was he waiting for us to sing it louder???

Schism : nice & slow with double-pumping at end.

"Wake-up you drunk bitches": I knew he was talking to me ... I'd just blew my wad over the first three songs & the beers I swilled in line sweated out.

Thanks to all who posted pix & Who's gonna post the bootleg??
OFFLINE |