View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/06 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena

All these first timers posting on this page. It kind of makes sense after looking around last night at the crowd. Not much movement on the floor. Hey its better than getting pushed into the barriers but we came to see a show not watch a video. From the looks of things people would rather stand around and watch the whole set standing still.

The band was realllllly disappointing. I keep reading how the band kept everything tight, blah blah. Lets face it, at $55 you'd expect more than a street scene setlist. THEY WERE HEADLINING w/o an opening band and played us their "go to" setlist. Bullshit.

Okay so Maynard can be an asshole but he didn't address the crowd until towards the end of the show. No jokes between songs, no "Hey Fresno, this place sucks" intros. I was thinking that they were counting the money made while they were still on the stage. I saw a show at Bakersfield(1st show of last tour?) and the band went off, so it can't be a central valley bias.

I think they only played for 80 minutes. Perfect if your recording the show and pausing it between songs but WTF, I'd expect a solid 90 minutes, a 5 minute break before finishing out the 2 hour show with a few top end songs to send us back out onto the street with.

We figured last night was in part due to the shitty unresponsiive crowd(actually holding lighters in the air during those sentimental moments) , the location in the central valley:Fresno, and a burned out unappreciatie band that would rather hang out backstage with some minors...

Was it worth the drive? yes anything to get out of the apt.

Would I have driven the distance knowing the setlist ahead of time? questionable.

Probably the best part of lastnight was happy hour across the street from Selland at Radisson's before the show. After the show you needed a cardkay to get in so no aftershow stories. At 11pm we headed for some mexican food since the bay area hasn't figured that one out yet.
OFFLINE |