View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 08:50 AM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/06 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena

Great show. Been a fan since 93, but this was my first show.

I was on the rail, right in front of Adam, so my view of Maynard was slightly blocked. Although it didn't bother me that much, it kinda sucked because like many of you, I follow the clips on youtube and I knew where maynard would be at for the show, but Adam scooted over to his left for most of the show.

One thing that sucked was the same at like the last 23145 concerts I've been to, and the vocals were hard to make out sometimes. I nknow the words so well that it didn't matter too much, but it would have been nice to actually hear Maynard carry some of those notes, like he does on the CD's.

I will NEVER again watch recorded shows from the tour I am about to go to. Ruined any sense of surprise for me. I knew what to expect. I know from the show on saturday(and for that matter, the rest of the tour) what to expect.

I do agree, they need to do a little more improv and mix it up some. Personally, I was happy to hear ALL of the songs they did, but I seriously hoped to hear Parabola, 4 degrees, and Pushit.

The crowd wasn't bad at all. People were as friendly as you can be when everyone is smashed up against the rail. I don't know if there was any moshing because I was so far up front. After the other bands I have seen live, this had to be a fairly calm crowd. I was able to enjoy the show, immensly. I also believe that if you can't hang, go get a seat.... anyways.

All-in-all I was pleased. I really enjoy tool. Everyone else sucks. I am going to the Bakersfield show also. Did I mention that I met three dudes from Redding? One guy didn't have floor tickets, but they let him in anyways. I dont think they were really checking anyway though.

No metal detectors and a weak frisk... should have brough my video camera. I'm sure others have photos to share though... but its the same setlist, same props, same setup on stage, etc...

haha, and at the end, someone threw their cell phone up there, and Adam picked it up, gave it a funny look, and smiled, putting it into his pocket. Wonder if Adam has used that phone or not... who's phone was that?... I wish that person would post here.

MAYNARD!.... variety plz? Remember, some of us like ALL of your music.
OFFLINE |