Thread: Who gets what
View Single Post
Vanished's Avatar Vanished
10-11-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
They all get songwriting credit on all the songs. Something tells me Maynard isn't writing the other members' parts.

Seems more likely that they don't move without total agreement, rather than a mere majority opinion, resulting in a lot of stalemates.

But whoever was the holdout on putting their albums in digital format must be pretty ashamed / please with themselves.
That's interesting because it's not the norm. In almost all cases the songwriter gets the credit for writing the song, e.g. Lennon/McCartney. Certainly the writing credits weren't disbursed in four parts. Occasionally a writer will generously give partial credit for exemplary performances, as Roger Waters did with David Gilmour and Richard Wright on Dark Side, Gilmour for his guitar work on Animals. Therefore, I'll have to side with Maynard after all. He has a good argument. The best solution is personal effort must be awarded according to a floating pay scheme agreed to by all parties on a case-by-case basis. The 13 year layoff is evidence of that.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:16 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Who gets what

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
They all get songwriting credit on all the songs. Something tells me Maynard isn't writing the other members' parts.

Seems more likely that they don't move without total agreement, rather than a mere majority opinion, resulting in a lot of stalemates.

But whoever was the holdout on putting their albums in digital format must be pretty ashamed / please with themselves.
That's interesting because it's not the norm. In almost all cases the songwriter gets the credit for writing the song, e.g. Lennon/McCartney. Certainly the writing credits weren't disbursed in four parts. Occasionally a writer will generously give partial credit for exemplary performances, as Roger Waters did with David Gilmour and Richard Wright on Dark Side, Gilmour for his guitar work on Animals. Therefore, I'll have to side with Maynard after all. He has a good argument. The best solution is personal effort must be awarded according to a floating pay scheme agreed to by all parties on a case-by-case basis. The 13 year layoff is evidence of that.