Thread: the apple
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 05:08 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by abefrohmn
Not to be especially priggish, but why does everyone assume the forbidden fruit was an apple? It's not mentioned as such in the bible. I'm just curious if there's any cool stories or apochrypha about that. Grant you, that lush, crimson flushed (like people in the throws of passion) apple is more visually appealing than some other piece of fruit. But it seems to be not much more than an appealing way to visualize the fruit. Anybody able to point me in the direction of some cool readings on the web about it?

Actually, i've always thought the forbidden fruit were mushrooms; specifically aminita muscaria. since there has been some evidence to Christianity as being originated as a mushroom cult (ie. the manna that moses and the chosen people found as they wandered through the desert could have been psylocibe (sp?) mushrooms growing out of the dung of their cows and horses. also if eaten, you can "pass on" an aminita mushroom "trip" by urinating and another person drinking the urine. this could be how Jesus turned water into "wine" since low doses of aminita are more like being drunk), i think this could be feasible. the "fruit" (which musrooms are the fruit of the fungus) could lead to an advanced conciousness and since most things that give power (like knowledge) are kept hidden except to those who have the "right", this could be why it is said that the fruit was forbidden and why mushrooms have always been assossiated with "evil". also, they grow directly under trees, which could also be a reason behind christmas (the neo-chrimstmas traditions) think about it, "presents" under a tree: the colors of christmas are red and white (aminitas are red with white): St. nicholas comes down the chiminey with his bag full of goodies- which could be related to the siberian shamans of years past, who, besides being miracle workers (saint), they delivered aminitas to the people of the village through a passage-way in the peoples houses much like a chiminey, and who wears red and white: and also the flying reigndeer (the siberians kept them as pets and it was common to get them intoxicated in which they acted as if they where almost "floating"). well, i just wanted to put that out there, see what people give as feed-back....

Oh merciful Christians, don't stone me! I am just trhowing ideas around here...

||||Different keys open the same door, and all paths may very well led to Rome: what's right for one may be wrong for another...||||||

http://www.bluehoney.org/Mankind.htm *sorry, forgot to put that link for ya...*
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote