View Single Post
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
03-15-2014, 07:39 PM

[QUealivid star;3126667]Then for $500, what do you think the experience should've been?[/QUOTE]

It's not a bad experience I'm sure, it's worthy experience for $250 IMO.

In 2011 I did VIP for Deftones, it was like $175, we got a GA ticket, signed poster of all members, bunch of guitar picks, attend soundcheck (attended by all members), early entry AND We each got to meet the band and get a photo with the whole band.

$500 for this VIP is as much an insane rip off, as much as the $150 that the Opiate reissue was.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's worth it to some big big Tool fans! All our years and obsessing makes getting to spend time face to face with Adam revealing stories of the band almost priceless and I'm sure people often will go away happy. Happy they got VIP, but not happy about blowing half a grand for it. It costs the band barely anything for the few bucks in swag they give away, it's maximum profit and Adam just has to show up.

I love the band, always have, always will, but the shamelessness of how expensive everything associated with them now (expensive merch, expensive posters, drum heads, VIP, Maynard's premium wine, completely pointless Opiate reissue, touring endlessly with no new material, tool army, etc - it's all fucking pretty heinous and greedy as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #12
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174
Re: TOOL VIP EXPERIENCE

[QUealivid star;3126667]Then for $500, what do you think the experience should've been?[/QUOTE]

It's not a bad experience I'm sure, it's worthy experience for $250 IMO.

In 2011 I did VIP for Deftones, it was like $175, we got a GA ticket, signed poster of all members, bunch of guitar picks, attend soundcheck (attended by all members), early entry AND We each got to meet the band and get a photo with the whole band.

$500 for this VIP is as much an insane rip off, as much as the $150 that the Opiate reissue was.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's worth it to some big big Tool fans! All our years and obsessing makes getting to spend time face to face with Adam revealing stories of the band almost priceless and I'm sure people often will go away happy. Happy they got VIP, but not happy about blowing half a grand for it. It costs the band barely anything for the few bucks in swag they give away, it's maximum profit and Adam just has to show up.

I love the band, always have, always will, but the shamelessness of how expensive everything associated with them now (expensive merch, expensive posters, drum heads, VIP, Maynard's premium wine, completely pointless Opiate reissue, touring endlessly with no new material, tool army, etc - it's all fucking pretty heinous and greedy as far as I'm concerned.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote