View Single Post
etc43's Avatar etc43
08-15-2006, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie
I doubt you now the meaning of satire
Hilarious. For that alone this is my last post in here (though not to appease you). I was originally going to respond explaining that satire is an artistic work that criticizes human nature or society by taking it to sarcastic extremes, and go on to explain that Animal Farm, is satire; 1984 is satire; Lord of the Flies is satire; hell, "Right In Two" is satire. Saying "Fuck that, a true OGT realizes the fact that Maynard is a prick :D" is not satire; nor would it be even if the obligatory ":D" were left out. But I figured if I pointed that out then you'd come up with some psuedo-intellectual response containing the word "dumbass" at least once and appear to be defending your viewpoint while in reality simply attacking mine, so I didn't. What an ironic twist of fate that no matter what people say, you end up doing that, anyway.

Oh, and I couldn't care less about the semantics of who you think you're better than. The fact that you think you're better than anyone and defend yourself by saying so proves to me that you aren't worth any more responses to whatever you will inevitably have to say about this post (I'm predicting a generic quasi-pejorative; something along the lines of "dipshit," "fucker," or the already spent "dumbass"). Instead, I'll just read it, laugh, and leave.

Last edited by etc43; 08-15-2006 at 08:05 PM..
Old 08-15-2006, 07:34 PM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie
I doubt you now the meaning of satire
Hilarious. For that alone this is my last post in here (though not to appease you). I was originally going to respond explaining that satire is an artistic work that criticizes human nature or society by taking it to sarcastic extremes, and go on to explain that Animal Farm, is satire; 1984 is satire; Lord of the Flies is satire; hell, "Right In Two" is satire. Saying "Fuck that, a true OGT realizes the fact that Maynard is a prick :D" is not satire; nor would it be even if the obligatory ":D" were left out. But I figured if I pointed that out then you'd come up with some psuedo-intellectual response containing the word "dumbass" at least once and appear to be defending your viewpoint while in reality simply attacking mine, so I didn't. What an ironic twist of fate that no matter what people say, you end up doing that, anyway.

Oh, and I couldn't care less about the semantics of who you think you're better than. The fact that you think you're better than anyone and defend yourself by saying so proves to me that you aren't worth any more responses to whatever you will inevitably have to say about this post (I'm predicting a generic quasi-pejorative; something along the lines of "dipshit," "fucker," or the already spent "dumbass"). Instead, I'll just read it, laugh, and leave.

Last edited by etc43; 08-15-2006 at 08:05 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote