View Single Post
etc43's Avatar etc43
08-14-2006, 08:43 AM

I don't see how radio play can possibly be bad, even overplay, unless you actually listen to the radio, but I doubt most people here do. I think Tool deserves the attention. Obviously they aren't a secret, underground band, but if the radio is actually willing to play their stuff for a change, why stop it? Who cares if it brings in disingenuous fans, and who are we to label fans as disingenous, anyway? I'd rather there be a bunch of psuedo-fans than a bunch of elitist "OGT" fans. Go listen to "Hooker With A Penis" and listen closely to what Maynard says to the guy who claimed that he was OGT at the very end of the song.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:43 AM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

I don't see how radio play can possibly be bad, even overplay, unless you actually listen to the radio, but I doubt most people here do. I think Tool deserves the attention. Obviously they aren't a secret, underground band, but if the radio is actually willing to play their stuff for a change, why stop it? Who cares if it brings in disingenuous fans, and who are we to label fans as disingenous, anyway? I'd rather there be a bunch of psuedo-fans than a bunch of elitist "OGT" fans. Go listen to "Hooker With A Penis" and listen closely to what Maynard says to the guy who claimed that he was OGT at the very end of the song.