Thread: New Tool Album
View Single Post
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
03-09-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
After giving Copernicus a listen, I kind of started to feel like its all a matter of perspective. Certainly Aphex Twin, Tool and Mars Volta sound nothing alike. While the use of synth drums sounds 'similar', if given context, it fits the situation.

I guess that'd be like saying, this guitarist sounds like that guitarist because they both use LPs with marshall amp/cabs and play with a lot of unison bends. They might both have a similar playing style, yet their composition could be wholly different.
Just to clarify my previous point...what I meant to say was not that Tool sounds like Aphex Twin during the synth on Intension, simply that the synth made me think of them...and in my preference I would hope Tool doesn't steer in that direction with their music. Perhaps something more ambient, jungle like maybe.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #127
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: New Tool Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
After giving Copernicus a listen, I kind of started to feel like its all a matter of perspective. Certainly Aphex Twin, Tool and Mars Volta sound nothing alike. While the use of synth drums sounds 'similar', if given context, it fits the situation.

I guess that'd be like saying, this guitarist sounds like that guitarist because they both use LPs with marshall amp/cabs and play with a lot of unison bends. They might both have a similar playing style, yet their composition could be wholly different.
Just to clarify my previous point...what I meant to say was not that Tool sounds like Aphex Twin during the synth on Intension, simply that the synth made me think of them...and in my preference I would hope Tool doesn't steer in that direction with their music. Perhaps something more ambient, jungle like maybe.