Thread: New Tool Album
View Single Post
Mosis's Avatar Mosis
03-09-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
After giving Copernicus a listen, I kind of started to feel like its all a matter of perspective. Certainly Aphex Twin, Tool and Mars Volta sound nothing alike. While the use of synth drums sounds 'similar', if given context, it fits the situation.
i was just pointing out that a similar electronic drum motif is in intension and copernicus. i haven't really listened to any idm so the "electronic hi hat" was a novel sound for me, and i thought it was cute coincidence that i heard it in new tool and new tmv. of course i wouldn't say that tool, or tmv, or aphex twin sound anything alike, stylistically, just because they use the same samples

and i like octahedron. i think it's their most consistent album since deloused, and a welcome follow-up to bedlam, half of which i never listen to.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #122
Banned.

Bincount™: 269
Re: New Tool Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
After giving Copernicus a listen, I kind of started to feel like its all a matter of perspective. Certainly Aphex Twin, Tool and Mars Volta sound nothing alike. While the use of synth drums sounds 'similar', if given context, it fits the situation.
i was just pointing out that a similar electronic drum motif is in intension and copernicus. i haven't really listened to any idm so the "electronic hi hat" was a novel sound for me, and i thought it was cute coincidence that i heard it in new tool and new tmv. of course i wouldn't say that tool, or tmv, or aphex twin sound anything alike, stylistically, just because they use the same samples

and i like octahedron. i think it's their most consistent album since deloused, and a welcome follow-up to bedlam, half of which i never listen to.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote