Thread: puzzle?
View Single Post
remember_forget's Avatar remember_forget
05-18-2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepforever
I was pretty damn sure I figured out the puzzle to the photos in the 10,000 Days booklet. I thought that maybe both 10,000 Days and Lateralus can be listened to at the same time, but I tried it and it didn't seem to work very well. I will tell you why I thought that this was the answer to the puzzle.
I was at songmeanings.net and was reading what Tool fans thought the songs on 10,000 Days were about and one of them mentioned that Viginti Tres means 23. They also meantioned that there are 24 tracks total on Lateralus and 10,000 Days, which isn't 23 but still close. They also said that they believe 10,000 Days is disc 2 of Lateralus. Then I heard about the puzzle. So I started looking at the pictures and in Justin's picture I noticed on the left side of his desk there are 13 candles. There also happens to be 13 tracks on Lateralus. On the right side are 11 candles. 10,000 Days has 11 tracks. I also saw on Danny's card there's a colorful cross. Those colors I thought were the same colors mentioned in the song Lateralus. That's when I was pretty sure that both CDs can be listened to at the same time. The title of the song Right in Two reminded me of the 2 images that make a 3D image when the lenses are used. I also noticed similar lenses on Adam's desk as if it were a hint, and on Maynard's desk he has 2 phones, and sound comes from phones obviously. Also, I noticed that Lateralus and 10,000 Days are about the exact same length if you take away Faaip de Oiad. So that would mean that 23 of the songs play at the same time, but Faaip de Oiad doesn't, which would explain Viginti Tres (23).
After I tried listening to both CDs at the same time and it didn't seem to work, I thought of the commentary on the Parabola DVD. So I hooked 2 headphones up to 2 CD players using one part of one of the headphone sets on one CD player, and one from the other set on the other CD player. But one of the headphones is crap so it didn't seem to work. I emailed [email protected] about this but it wouldn't send so I emailed [email protected] and asked if I was right or not. What does everyone think? Am I right or am I right?
That was me, but since then I've changed my mind... somewhat.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:13 PM   #275
...to the oceans of my platitudes...

Bincount™: 2583
Re: puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepforever
I was pretty damn sure I figured out the puzzle to the photos in the 10,000 Days booklet. I thought that maybe both 10,000 Days and Lateralus can be listened to at the same time, but I tried it and it didn't seem to work very well. I will tell you why I thought that this was the answer to the puzzle.
I was at songmeanings.net and was reading what Tool fans thought the songs on 10,000 Days were about and one of them mentioned that Viginti Tres means 23. They also meantioned that there are 24 tracks total on Lateralus and 10,000 Days, which isn't 23 but still close. They also said that they believe 10,000 Days is disc 2 of Lateralus. Then I heard about the puzzle. So I started looking at the pictures and in Justin's picture I noticed on the left side of his desk there are 13 candles. There also happens to be 13 tracks on Lateralus. On the right side are 11 candles. 10,000 Days has 11 tracks. I also saw on Danny's card there's a colorful cross. Those colors I thought were the same colors mentioned in the song Lateralus. That's when I was pretty sure that both CDs can be listened to at the same time. The title of the song Right in Two reminded me of the 2 images that make a 3D image when the lenses are used. I also noticed similar lenses on Adam's desk as if it were a hint, and on Maynard's desk he has 2 phones, and sound comes from phones obviously. Also, I noticed that Lateralus and 10,000 Days are about the exact same length if you take away Faaip de Oiad. So that would mean that 23 of the songs play at the same time, but Faaip de Oiad doesn't, which would explain Viginti Tres (23).
After I tried listening to both CDs at the same time and it didn't seem to work, I thought of the commentary on the Parabola DVD. So I hooked 2 headphones up to 2 CD players using one part of one of the headphone sets on one CD player, and one from the other set on the other CD player. But one of the headphones is crap so it didn't seem to work. I emailed [email protected] about this but it wouldn't send so I emailed [email protected] and asked if I was right or not. What does everyone think? Am I right or am I right?
That was me, but since then I've changed my mind... somewhat.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote