Thread: puzzle?
View Single Post
know1special2u's Avatar know1special2u
05-17-2006, 08:35 PM

Not sure if this theory has been presented somewhere else or not. but here's what i'd found after researching the net.

On 5/5, the following message was posted on the TOOL website:

"the four individual photos (of the band members) can be used as the pieces of a kind of puzzle, but the puzzle and the meaning of the puzzle will just be another nut to crack. And the time on the clocks is either 1:17 or 11:07"

After some staring & staring at the photos, I did a bit of research on the internet. Here's the short & skinny of what I came up with:

The 3 songs are:

Track #3 - Wings for Marie (pt 1) 6:11

Track #4 - 10,000 Days (Wings pt 2) 11:13

Track #11 - Viginti Tres 5:02

1st, Tool is all about numerology. For our purposes, we focus on #'s 7, 11 & 23, as well as 5, 2, & 6 (see time lengths above).

23 is the number for synchronicity. It is also the title of the last track (in Latin) 'Viginti Tres'. The duration of the last track is 5:02. The duration for track #3 'Wings For Marie" is 6:11. If you add those times 2gether, it equals 11:13, the exact duration of Track #4 "10,000 Days".

The structure of the three songs allows you to create a new one ("Viginti Wings"?) by joining the first two (in the order above) and mixing them with the third one. If you do it well, the final strophe of the both parts of Wings (Daylight dims leaving cold fluorescence. / Difficult to see you in this light.) should sound at the same time.

Signifcance of the numbers??? 5, 2, & 6?? The album's release date is 5/2/06. 7 & 11?? You combine tracks 3,4 (3+4=7) & 11 into 1 new song.

And, remember that whole thing about 23 being synchronicity?? In the remix of all 3 songs playing, at exactly 9:14 (9+14=23), the heavy parts of both tracks #3 & #4 synch perfectly for 11 seconds....

Abracadabra!!!!. I have the track as my background music on MySpace page..look for "/illustrated_man"

The album cover is 3 faces that create 1 head. You're combining 3 songs to make 1 new song. Nutty, huh??

I've also heard theories that the #'s 11, 13, & 23 keep popping up in the photos. 2 phones on Maynards desk, 3 glasses w/ wine poured in them...the 11/13 candle setup in Justin's photo....

Anyways, hope this helps....
Old 05-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #263
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: puzzle?

Not sure if this theory has been presented somewhere else or not. but here's what i'd found after researching the net.

On 5/5, the following message was posted on the TOOL website:

"the four individual photos (of the band members) can be used as the pieces of a kind of puzzle, but the puzzle and the meaning of the puzzle will just be another nut to crack. And the time on the clocks is either 1:17 or 11:07"

After some staring & staring at the photos, I did a bit of research on the internet. Here's the short & skinny of what I came up with:

The 3 songs are:

Track #3 - Wings for Marie (pt 1) 6:11

Track #4 - 10,000 Days (Wings pt 2) 11:13

Track #11 - Viginti Tres 5:02

1st, Tool is all about numerology. For our purposes, we focus on #'s 7, 11 & 23, as well as 5, 2, & 6 (see time lengths above).

23 is the number for synchronicity. It is also the title of the last track (in Latin) 'Viginti Tres'. The duration of the last track is 5:02. The duration for track #3 'Wings For Marie" is 6:11. If you add those times 2gether, it equals 11:13, the exact duration of Track #4 "10,000 Days".

The structure of the three songs allows you to create a new one ("Viginti Wings"?) by joining the first two (in the order above) and mixing them with the third one. If you do it well, the final strophe of the both parts of Wings (Daylight dims leaving cold fluorescence. / Difficult to see you in this light.) should sound at the same time.

Signifcance of the numbers??? 5, 2, & 6?? The album's release date is 5/2/06. 7 & 11?? You combine tracks 3,4 (3+4=7) & 11 into 1 new song.

And, remember that whole thing about 23 being synchronicity?? In the remix of all 3 songs playing, at exactly 9:14 (9+14=23), the heavy parts of both tracks #3 & #4 synch perfectly for 11 seconds....

Abracadabra!!!!. I have the track as my background music on MySpace page..look for "/illustrated_man"

The album cover is 3 faces that create 1 head. You're combining 3 songs to make 1 new song. Nutty, huh??

I've also heard theories that the #'s 11, 13, & 23 keep popping up in the photos. 2 phones on Maynards desk, 3 glasses w/ wine poured in them...the 11/13 candle setup in Justin's photo....

Anyways, hope this helps....