Thread: puzzle?
View Single Post
Bukkhead
05-15-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextaii
WRONG. I would like to know why you think the phone is a mirror image. Guess you don't know that much about rotary phones yourself, so here's a lesson:
On many rotary phones (including this one) the numbers do not go all the way around the dial and there is a gap of about 90 degrees or so with no numbers and no holes. This gap on every phone I have ever seen is on the right side of the dial. If this were a mirror image it would be on the left.
Whoa, easy there, tiger. No need for the vitriol. You're right, I admit it-- just did an image search of rotary phones, and all the gaps are on the right-- sometimes lower right, sometimes upper right, but always the right. What threw me is the stop bar... I thought it as at the top, not the bottom. But I'm wrong.

Sorry for the confusion. But in my defense.... I'm overeager.

JE
Old 05-15-2006, 11:00 PM   #241
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: puzzle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextaii
WRONG. I would like to know why you think the phone is a mirror image. Guess you don't know that much about rotary phones yourself, so here's a lesson:
On many rotary phones (including this one) the numbers do not go all the way around the dial and there is a gap of about 90 degrees or so with no numbers and no holes. This gap on every phone I have ever seen is on the right side of the dial. If this were a mirror image it would be on the left.
Whoa, easy there, tiger. No need for the vitriol. You're right, I admit it-- just did an image search of rotary phones, and all the gaps are on the right-- sometimes lower right, sometimes upper right, but always the right. What threw me is the stop bar... I thought it as at the top, not the bottom. But I'm wrong.

Sorry for the confusion. But in my defense.... I'm overeager.

JE
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote