View Single Post
unfnknblvbl's Avatar unfnknblvbl
04-27-2006, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoM
First I must say, the lyrics seem to be complete as of LiLponyAddictions last post. Good job everyone :)
Nah, I've spotted some potential errors in that lot, now that I've taken the time to read what he wrote properly..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLponyAddiction
fading all the trials and the tribulations
That could well be either "feigning" "failing" or even... "faking" - I'm not sure which, so I'm throwing that out there for discussion.

Quote:
but not for the collective judas,
who could deny you were the one who would have made it,
your little piece of the divine,
There's very definately another hard 'B' or 'D' sound before "the collective" - so I'm going to have to go back to the earlier "but enough about the collective Judas"
I'm also dubious about the "..you were the one who would have made it" but the only thing I can think of to fit what I hear there is "..the one who would only made it" - which is largely nonsensical, and I'm just thowing that out there for further discussion.
"your little piece of the divine" could almost be "you'll have a piece of the divine" - or even, "you'll eat a piece of the divine" - again, nonsensical, discussion point only.

Quote:
high as a wave but ill rise on up off the ground
I'm about 99% certain that this is "High is the way, but our lives are upon the ground"

I've already been over the Heaven/Allah bit before... "10000 days.." should really be written long-hand though :P

Quote:
set as i am in my ways and my arrogance
burnin all through tossed upon the believers
"Set as I am, in my ways and my arrogance, burden of proof tossed upon the believers" is what I think it is.
Why burden of proof?
Well, I think Maynard is talking about the logical fallacy, wherin you believe that something does something because it cannot be proven that it does not.
Think of that Simpons Episode where Lisa offers Homer an "anti-tiger rock" - Homer asks if it works or not, to which Lisa replies along the lines of "do you see any tigers around here?" - naturally, Homer stupidly offers to buy the rock from Lisa.

Maynard is continually "tossing" the burden of proof onto the followers of christianity - the "believers". He is asking them to prove that god exists, and when they can only say that it can't be proven that he/she/it doesn't exist, therin lies the 'burden of proof'

Quote:
should you see your maker's face tonight
look em in the eye...
Sorry, this one's a grammatical issue, largely.
"Maker's" - Singular, possessive.
"look em in the eye" - 'em' short for them. Plural.
That really needs to be "look him in the eye.." to make even the slightest bit of sense.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:51 AM   #190
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoM
First I must say, the lyrics seem to be complete as of LiLponyAddictions last post. Good job everyone :)
Nah, I've spotted some potential errors in that lot, now that I've taken the time to read what he wrote properly..

Quote:
fading all the trials and the tribulations
That could well be either "feigning" "failing" or even... "faking" - I'm not sure which, so I'm throwing that out there for discussion.

Quote:
but not for the collective judas,
who could deny you were the one who would have made it,
your little piece of the divine,
There's very definately another hard 'B' or 'D' sound before "the collective" - so I'm going to have to go back to the earlier "but enough about the collective Judas"
I'm also dubious about the "..you were the one who would have made it" but the only thing I can think of to fit what I hear there is "..the one who would only made it" - which is largely nonsensical, and I'm just thowing that out there for further discussion.
"your little piece of the divine" could almost be "you'll have a piece of the divine" - or even, "you'll eat a piece of the divine" - again, nonsensical, discussion point only.

Quote:
high as a wave but ill rise on up off the ground
I'm about 99% certain that this is "High is the way, but our lives are upon the ground"

I've already been over the Heaven/Allah bit before... "10000 days.." should really be written long-hand though :P

Quote:
set as i am in my ways and my arrogance
burnin all through tossed upon the believers
"Set as I am, in my ways and my arrogance, burden of proof tossed upon the believers" is what I think it is.
Why burden of proof?
Well, I think Maynard is talking about the logical fallacy, wherin you believe that something does something because it cannot be proven that it does not.
Think of that Simpons Episode where Lisa offers Homer an "anti-tiger rock" - Homer asks if it works or not, to which Lisa replies along the lines of "do you see any tigers around here?" - naturally, Homer stupidly offers to buy the rock from Lisa.

Maynard is continually "tossing" the burden of proof onto the followers of christianity - the "believers". He is asking them to prove that god exists, and when they can only say that it can't be proven that he/she/it doesn't exist, therin lies the 'burden of proof'

Quote:
should you see your maker's face tonight
look em in the eye...
Sorry, this one's a grammatical issue, largely.
"Maker's" - Singular, possessive.
"look em in the eye" - 'em' short for them. Plural.
That really needs to be "look him in the eye.." to make even the slightest bit of sense.
OFFLINE |