View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #970
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 10KD tour ultimate/ideal setlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSummerSea View Post
wings for marie was fucking fantastic live. might have been the MDMA and gigantic thunderstorm raining down on us, but likely my favourite 15 minutes of any tool show ever.

third eye would complete my "must see live" list.

right in two would be awesome. heard it was great live.
Right in Two was the one song I've seen Tool play live that I can honestly say just blew my mind to bits. I'm a drummer of 17 years, and while I consider Danny one of the best drummers in the world, I can usually understand and reproduce anything he does on a drum kit (other than his electronics). But when he started playing the second half of Right in Two (after the tabla solo)...just trust me, you have NO idea how incredible Danny's drumming really is in that song until you see it live. It was the only live Tool piece I've EVER seen where I just literally did not know what to think. I was watching his hands, watching his sticks fly from piece to piece and cymbal to cymbal faster than my brain could even process, and he just didn't stop. I truly almost had a nervous breakdown, because it was at that point when I realized, compared to Danny Carey, I know absolutely nothing. He is that good.

I've seen them all too...Rosetta Stoned, Third Eye, Pushit, Prison Sex, etc. etc. But Right in Two was just in a different league as far as Danny's drumming. I've tried to describe it in this post, but it's hard to really get across. I hope they play it at every show.

Anyway, even though I've been playing for 17 years...after watching Danny play Right in Two, I went home that night feeling like the shittiest drummer in the world.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote