View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 03:07 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/04 - Madrid, ESP - La Cubierta de Leganés(not Vistalegre)

Hi.
since the first time Tool came to Spain in 2002, this is my 4th show(two in Lisbon and two in Madrid).
The venue is not the best, that´s true, specially for having only one entrance for probably more than 10.000 people(nice number ah??). But anyway, I got to the queue by the time they say the doors would be opened and had no problems to get in on time, sit down in a good place and enjoy the show... Imagine at the Superbock Superrock festival in Lisbon: 35000 people and all of them standing, THAT is a nightmare!!!

Mastodon had a bad sound, but that usually happens.

Tool sounded really good! The stage they bring this winter is beautiful, white, clean, ...the lights, the images on the screen are more sofisticated and well prepared, the laser....intensity grows gradually along the show! simply great!!

Only dissapointment is that they played Sober instead of Wings For Mary+10000 Days(unlike the last part of the USA tour). I was dying to see 10000 Days live...

Surprisingly enough at least for me, Maynard said "see ya.....see ya.. next summer". I can´t believe Tool playing in Spain 3 times within one year!! Look forward...

Another comment on the venue: it was meant to be Vistalegre, a Sports Hall, but they changed it to La Cubierta( a modern covered bull ring prepared for concerts, etc) They had already played here in May, so they must have been happy with the venue if they came again.

About Barcelona show being cancelled, still don´t know the reason. It was the first one in Europe, so I would not be surprised if it was the band´s decision.

All in all, Tool is still my best live experience, looking forward to see them again....

Regards

Last edited by fjgtovar; 11-16-2006 at 03:10 AM..
OFFLINE |