View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/05 - Lisbon, PRT - Atlantico Pavillion

I am quoting jongleur here, cause his/her words are exactly what I feel:

"Ok it really seems like you are one of those blinded fans who really doesn't see what you see but see what you want to see. Do you honestly think it's a good thing to be completely blind towards the qualities of the show you are experiencing just because its Tool playing, and that it therefore "per definition" must be good?

If you don't look at what you see with critical eyes you are not really a fan in my eyes but more of a blind follower. A band like Tool who have that thing that all the other bands lack - being totally uncomprising towards what they are doing so that it has exactly that impact, they want it to have. I've been to other Tool shows before than the one I experienced two days ago in Madrid, but I must say that the feel of any "impact" was overshadowed by a feeling that they didn't do what they could for the integrity of this.

I know it also have something to say that you read about past concerts (which I have done a lot I must admit) but there is still a difference. Just the fact that they never gave a real explanation for why they cancelled the Barcelona show is weird...Like they don't care anymore. I'm still a big fan of Tool and I will remain so, but I seriously don't like the attitude they getting.

A standard Tool performance is still a hell of a lot better than most other concerts, but the word standard just never should be uttered in the same sentence as "Tool". Everything that makes them special from other bands now how become a bit of a joke in their live-performances and that is a shame"

I fully agree!! And I didn't know that they have cancelled the Barcelona show and didn't even bothered to present any explanations! Bad attitude growing there!!
OFFLINE |