View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #60
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/09/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

Alright, I think I'm ready to chime in...

I thought the show was GREAT. Some posts on here complain about little mishaps and such...what you are forgetting is this is LIVE, and fuckups are part of a LIVE show. I actually perfer to see a few messups...it sortof brings a mortality to the music, and the band as a whole. THEY ARE HUMAN (contrary to some peoples beliefs).

Anyway, here's my story: Friday morning, I was sitting at my desk at work, reading reviews from Thursday Nights show. "Wings/10,000 days debut." I sat there...thinking...what if this tour is the only time they play these songs? What if, next year, when they come around, they don't play these because they are not "huge hits" or what not (personally, they are my favs from the new album). I couldn't not see these songs. I purchased airplane tickets from sac to lax at 10:00am, as well as tickets to the show via ticketmaster (REALLY good seats, considering i purchased the day of the show... section 101, row 7. Which is 17 rows back from the stage, and 7 rows up to the left - they were better seats than i had when i purchased my Oakland tickets the day they went on sale...), for my girlfriend and I.

We flew into LAX at about 630, got picked up by a friend that lives in Santa Ana, and headed to the arena.

The concert was fucking awesome. I liked out Maynard was walking around and stuff during Rosetta Stoned - good times! (by the way, Rosetta Stoned Live is fucking great!) I was closer than the Oakland show, so that was cool, but getting to see/hear wings/10,000 days was the highlight. They are great and powerful on the album, but live...they are even better. Nothing short of AMAZING. My thoughts/opinions on these songs are actually limited by language itself...

Leading out of the concert with Lateralus (best song ever performed live) is an excellent idea, and I like it better than ending with Aenema.

Oh yea, to those saying "He wasnt sick the day before, and now he was for this concert...what a liar....blah blah" are you guys serious? 1) Is it not possible to get sick within 24 hours? Have you never felt ok one night and woken up feeling shitty the next morning? 2) YOU DON'T KNOW, SO DON'T ACT LIKE YOU DO. Accusing someone of lying when you have NO clue as to what the real situation is...is lame. Give me a fucking break...

Anyway, the show was fan-fucking-tastic. Loved it. Worth ever penny i spent on tickets and my girlfriends and my $500 airfare (good thing for credit cards).

Can't wait for them to come back around next year...

EDIT:: Re: the post above...Ahh the irony of telling people to "Think for yourself"... Haha. I mean, yea its true, you should think for yourself, but the guy above, or Tool TELLING you to THINK FOR YOURSELF is highly ironic. TOOL = GENIUS. Haha, fucking great.

Last edited by enklined; 09-10-2006 at 10:59 AM..
OFFLINE |