View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 04:56 PM   #44
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
Ok, here's something that Shane and I were just talking about.

On Thursday, Maynards voice was fine and he didn't say jack shit.

On Friday, Maynards voice was off yet he was chatty cathy to the crowd. I guess he had friends there. Fine, whatever.

The point I'm trying to make is, what was this talk about being sick? If he was sick, why was his voice fine the same hometown show the day before?

My guess is Maynard's emotions flowed Thursday night after the doors were closed.

My problem if this premise is true: Don't fucking lie and say you'resick. Tell people the truth: look, I was emotional all night so stick with me.

Btw, although Adam and company wanted this Friday show to be special, the Thursday show, because of its honesty, was probably the one to catch.
Totally agree. I think the sick thing was bullshit...he was "sick" when I saw them in Philly in May which I think he maybe really was. But I was thinking last night "damn if he's sick again...he is really an unhealthy guy" and I don't think that's the case.

I think Maynard has a tendency to make excuses when he thinks things aren't going well vocally. And then trys to act like a great guy by playing it up "sorry im sick, but we still had to play for you guys". Total bullshit.
OFFLINE |