View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 07:09 AM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: 2006/08/29 - Salt Lake City, UT - E-Center

My 3rd Tool show and it was awesome. We had great seats that were high enough to see the stage but close enough to see everything going on with the band. I am glad I wasn't on the floor, I am short so I never get floor seats.
It was a great show and I brought two friends of mine who had never seen Tool before so that was fun. 46&2 and Jambi back to back was awesome. I loved seeing Rosetta Stoned played live, that was cool and I was watching Maynard switch mic's for the different parts. Lateralus was great as well. The whole show was very well done with the effects changing throughout the night. I also thought Danny's drum solo was awesome, and the changes they made to Opiate were cool as well. The lasers were really cool, it was such an attack on the senses, because it was a concert but it was also so visual.
Luckily I was surrounded by people who were very respectful to each other and I didn't have any problems. There were many people who made me laugh because they were idiots, but not enough to bother me. Some of the fun of going to a Tool concert is to see some of the people that come out of the woodwork. I think that there is quite a broad range of people who come out to Tool shows. It sucks that the Merch was so expensive, but I expected that.
I hope they come back through this year and play SLC twice like the last tour.

By the way, did anyone take any pictures last night? If so, please post here or at Flickr or something.

Last edited by tygut1; 08-30-2006 at 07:15 AM..
OFFLINE |