View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 11:38 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2006/08/29 - Salt Lake City, UT - E-Center

They also played Faaip De Oiad (sans the Art Bell sample). It was the intro to either Schism or Sober. The drumming during it was some of the most intense of the night.

The lasers and other lights were tastefully done. I thought they jived well with the set. By the time 46 and Two got underway, the chairs started getting ripped apart. The security staff was simply inadequate and basically gave up, but several folks up front held their place through much of the show. Maynard helped calm the situation by threatening to stop the show, but some of those folks are exactly what Keenan called them; meat-heads. Jambi was not the best song to jump into at that particular moment, however. It sounded great, but it riled up the crowd again.

Why this band has to appeal to some of the worst music fans in existence is beyond me. I hate hipsters and scene-shits as much as anybody, but one thing I like about them is they are respectful of others around them who attend shows. Not so of quite a few Tool fans. I swear, the whole point of coming to shows for some of you fuckers is just to be belligerent, and I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you, but you suck big donkey shaft. I hope cancer is your end, I really do.

Jones looked completely incredulous after the chairs started flying in front of his part of the stage. He backed away from his usual position for much of the show and looked a bit disgusted when he had to go back there to be close to his set up and his synth. I don't blame him at all. He and the rest of the band (minus Keenan) warmed up to the crowd by the end, though, and seemed really appreciative of the response to Vicarious and Ænema.

The band performed extremely well, and I was blown away by Lateralus, Rosetta, and the way they ended Opiate. Truly beautiful.