View Single Post
jitbox's Avatar jitbox
04-19-2006, 05:17 AM

Look, I'm not saying they don't work hard, or that it's not worth 65 a pop to see them live.

I saw them in Chicago on their US mini-tour back in 2001 at a small venue, and I would love to recreate that experience. However, $65 dollars is a lot to ask, especially since many people are just going to put the tickets on eBay anyway, and charge much more than the face value of the tickets.

To put this in perspective, let's see what some other acts are charging for tickets these days:

Metric - $9
Ladytron - $12
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - $14
Low - $15
Wilco - $28.50
Sigur Ros - $30
Nine Inch Nails - $36

Every one of those bands above is rather popular. Not one of them comes close to the exorbitant price for a Tool concert.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:17 AM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: NOT ANOTHER CENT

Look, I'm not saying they don't work hard, or that it's not worth 65 a pop to see them live.

I saw them in Chicago on their US mini-tour back in 2001 at a small venue, and I would love to recreate that experience. However, $65 dollars is a lot to ask, especially since many people are just going to put the tickets on eBay anyway, and charge much more than the face value of the tickets.

To put this in perspective, let's see what some other acts are charging for tickets these days:

Metric - $9
Ladytron - $12
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - $14
Low - $15
Wilco - $28.50
Sigur Ros - $30
Nine Inch Nails - $36

Every one of those bands above is rather popular. Not one of them comes close to the exorbitant price for a Tool concert.
OFFLINE |