View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #669
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 14
Re: Tour complaints -- brokers, scalping, etc. (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSandra251 View Post
I tried to get tickets for the NOLA show on Ticketmaster and they were gone in 45 min. I was so pissed. Immediately searched other sites and found tickets that were just $75 going for $125 to over $200! There was NO way I was going to miss this show so, I ended up paying the $200 per ticket for floor row 10 seats. I don’t regret it at all but, it sucks that all of those sites are making a killing off of the real fans.

Dr. Dobbs: how in the hell did you get you tickets? I would like some advice for next tour. You must have been online right when they went on sale. I know some people who were online when they went on sale and still couldn’t get one though. You are so lucky!
yeah, ticketbasturd was no less of an asshole this year. i went to buy my houston ticket 30 MINUETS after they went on sale, and they kept trying to give me the shittiest seats in the venue. i went through seven shitty tickets before it gave me a decent seat. the same day one of my friends got tickets for her and 3 others and could only get the back section on the side. and of course, the scalper websites were loaded with primo seats. fast forward to the day of the concert. i convinced that there was no way in hell i was going to let him miss that show, so he went on the interweb ticket searching. minuets later, he pulls up seats better than mine on the ticket website!! they hold the best tickets and release them as the concert gets closer, causing the people who planned ahead and woke up to get shitty tickets, while the people who heard about it on the radio the day before get awesome seats.

we should burn down ticketmaster!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote